Posts for tag: Dental Implants
Timing is an important consideration in just about everything in life, including dental implants. In fact, the sooner you talk to your Katonah, NY, dentists, Dr. Enyoung Park and Dr. Terry Lin of ParkLin Dental, about replacing missing teeth with implants, the better.
How dental implants restore your lost teeth
Dental implants are combined with dental crowns to create synthetic teeth that feel and work just like natural teeth. Tiny screw-like posts called implants are placed in your jawbone during minor surgery during the first step in the dental implant process. The implants osseointegrate, or bond, to your jawbone in a matter of months. Dental crowns connected to the top of the implants improve your appearance and make chewing and biting possible.
Why replacing missing teeth as soon as possible is the best option
Soon after you've lost a tooth or teeth is the best time to pay a visit to the Katonah dental office to discuss dental implants. If you wait too long, you may face these issues:
- Shifting Teeth: After you lose a tooth, your other teeth may begin to drift and overlap. As the teeth shift, you may notice changes in your appearance and your bite. When you receive a dental implant as soon as possible, you won't have to worry about changes caused by drifting teeth.
- Weakening Jawbone: Your tooth roots press on your jawbone, which provides the stimulation the bone needs to remain strong. Without that stimulation, the jawbone may begin to shrink, which can cause the loss of other teeth and sagging facial muscles. Dental implants stimulate your jawbone, preventing these unfortunate changes.
- Chewing Difficulties: The loss of even one tooth can make biting, chewing, grinding, and tearing food more difficult. If you decide to only chew on side of your mouth, those teeth may be subject to excessive wear and tear that could damage them. Dental implants make chewing much easier and won't decrease your biting power, like some tooth restoration options.
- Appearance Concerns: The longer you wait to replace missing teeth, the worse you may feel about your smile. Implants improve your appearance, helping you avoid a blow to your self-confidence.
Are you ready to fill the gaps in your smile with dental implants? Call your dentists in Katonah, NY, Drs. Dr. Enyoung Park and Dr. Terry Lin of ParkLin Dental, at (914) 232-8182 to schedule your appointment.
Learn more about dental implants and how they can permanently replace missing teeth.
With proper oral hygiene and care, a dental implant can last you the rest of your life. That is why so many adults turn to our Katonah, NY, dentists Dr. Enyoung Park and Dr. Terry Lin, for dental implants.
Here are some things that you should know about this tooth-loss treatment option:
The implant replaces the entire tooth
An implant is the only tooth replacement option that is able to restore the entire structure of your tooth, from the roots to the crown. While the crown is the only part of your restoration that’s visible, the metal implant itself is placed into the jawbone where it takes the place of your missing tooth roots. A dental implant allows our patients here in Katonah, NY, to be able to improve the function, strength, and stability of their teeth.
An implant can last for decades
A dental implant has become a very popular way to replace missing teeth in adults because the implant truly looks and functions just like a real tooth, making it a very attractive option. These small but mighty tooth replacements offer an up to 98 percent success rate. Plus, since the implant itself naturally fuses together with bone and tissue, this also means that the implant will become a permanent part of your mouth. As long as you maintain good oral hygiene and continue to come in for routine checkups, there is no reason why your implant couldn’t last you the rest of your life.
Most people can benefit from dental implants
Are you a healthy individual who is missing one or more permanent teeth? If you said yes, then you could very well be an ideal candidate for implants. It doesn’t matter how many teeth you need to replace; dental implants can replace all of them. In order to determine if implants are right for you, we will go through your medical history, assess your oral health, and take x-rays to make sure your jawbone is strong enough to support an implant.
ParkLin Dental in Katonah, NY, prides itself on providing the highest quality restorations, from lifelike dental implants to long-lasting porcelain veneers and dentures. To learn more about dental implants and how they can replace your missing teeth, please call us at (914) 232-8182.
Dental implants restore missing teeth and enhance your smile, but the improvement in your appearance is far from the only advantage. Your Katonah, NY, dentists, Drs. Enyoung Park and Terry Lin of ParkLin Dental, can help you consider all the benefits of dental implants.
How dental implants replace missing teeth
A dental implant allows your dentist to reconstruct your entire missing tooth. Implants may not look like your natural roots, but they function the same way. The tiny titanium posts are added to your jawbone during minor oral surgery and soon begin to osseointegrate, or bond, to your jawbone.
Osseointegration ensures that your synthetic roots are strong enough to withstand years of wear and tear and chewing. Dental implants are connected to dental crowns to restore the visible parts of your teeth.
4 ways implants can help your smile
Dental implants can:
- Make Eating Easier: Losing one tooth can compromise your ability to bite, tear and grind foods. When multiple teeth or all of your teeth are missing, chewing becomes very difficult. Dental implants make it possible to return your usual diet.
- Help You Avoid Changes to Your Biting Power: It takes considerable power to bite into and chew hard or fibrous foods. Without strong tooth roots, it's just not possible to chew these foods. Since dental implants are securely attached to your jaw, you won't experience any loss of biting power.
- Keep Your Other Teeth from Drifting: Losing a tooth can have more than just an aesthetic impact. After tooth loss, other teeth may start to move toward the gap in your smile. Unfortunately, the movement can alter the alignment of your teeth and even change your bite, the way your upper and lower teeth fit together.
- Protect Your Jawbone: Although you may not feel anything, your jawbone can change after you lose a tooth. Called "resorption," the problem occurs when your jawbone shrinks due to decreased stimulation from tooth roots. Eventually, resorption can cause your teeth to loosen and may be responsible for facial sagging. Dental implants prevent resorption from occurring by offering the stimulation your jawbone needs.
Restore your smile with dental implants. Call your dentists in Katonah, NY, Drs. Park and Lin of ParkLin Dental, at (914) 232-8182 to schedule an appointment.
You've probably heard of dentures and bridges, but what about dental implants? While less commonly known, dental implants are an increasingly popular service offered at ParkLin Dental in Katonah, and we're here to answer your all your questions about the procedure that can put you on the path to a healthy smile.
What is a dental implant?
A dental implant is a replacement for a missing tooth or teeth, the implant itself acting as the root of the tooth. The procedure uses a metal post, screwed into the jawbone, which creates a permanent foundation for an artificial tooth.
Who might need a dental implant?
If you are missing one or multiple teeth, a dental implant can fill in the gaps of your smile. Teeth may require removal due to decay, damage or injury, and a dental implant is an attractive and sturdy substitute for a natural tooth.
What are the advantages of a dental implant?
While dentures are often used by those with a large number of missing teeth, they require removal for cleaning and sleeping, as well as requiring the application of an adhesive to hold them in place. Even then, dentures can slide around in your mouth, making chewing, talking and smiling difficult. Dental implants stay in the mouth securely and permanently, offering you peace of mind and comfort. You will be able to chew, floss and brush like you would your natural teeth.
Is the procedure painful?
Dental implants are a surgical procedure, so your Katonah dentist will apply an anesthetic to numb your mouth and dull any pain you may feel. You many experience some inflammation, and an over the counter pain killer can help make you more comfortable post procedure. Avoiding crunchy foods in the days after your dental implants is recommended.
How successful is the procedure?
For the majority of people, dental implants can be done efficiently and successfully, the result lasting decades. While artificial teeth do not experience decay, good dental hygiene is still a must for keeping your gums, which surround the dental implant, healthy.
Are dental implants covered by insurance?
You will need to check with your dental insurance provider to see if the procedure is eligible for coverage.
Let Parklin Dental in Katonah, NY, help you achieve a your best smile yet with dental implants. Schedule your appointment at 914-232-8182.
Dental implants might be right for you if you need to replace missing or extracted teeth and have sufficient bone in the jaw area to support placement of the implants. Dental implants are a long-term tooth replacement option that can last for years with proper care. One dental implant can be used to replace a single tooth or multiple implants can be used to support bridgework or overdentures when replacing several missing teeth. At ParkLin Dental, Dr. Enyoung Park and Dr. Terry Lin are your dentists for dental implants in Katonah, NY.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are hypoallergenic metal titanium screws that are placed in the jawbone and used to support artificial teeth. The dental implants act as roots for those teeth and can be topped with dental crowns when individual teeth are being replaced or they can be topped with bridgework or overdentures when replacing multiple teeth. Dental implants are inserted into the jawbone through a minor surgical procedure and will eventually fuse with the bone over time through a natural process known as osseointegration.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants offer several benefits. They restore your smile, whether you need to replace a single tooth or several teeth. Additionally, since dental implants are placed in the jawbone and permanently fuse with it over time, they securely anchor replacement teeth in place so there is no concern that those teeth will come loose or slip out of place. Another benefit of dental implants is that they are durable and can last for many years. They are also made from a hypoallergenic metal so they can be safely worn by anyone with enough bone to support them.
Other benefits of dental implants include restoration of both speech and normal biting and chewing functions. Speech can be altered when teeth are missing as the gaps from missing teeth affect tongue placement when speaking. Filling in the gaps with dental implants can improve speech. Normal biting and chewing functions are also restored as the work of biting and chewing food can be distributed equally across a full set of teeth, which reduces wear and tear on the natural teeth that were previously taking on all the work.
Your dentist for dental implants in Katonah can provide further details about how dental implants can benefit you based on your specific needs and concerns.
A dentist can help you decide if dental implants are the right option for you. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Park or Dr. Lin, call ParkLin Dental at (914) 232-8182.